The Town Clerks Office

Kellie Skehan, Town Clerk/Tax Collector (2016)
Patricia Hodge, Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Tracy Cragin, Assistant Clerk/Tax Collector

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
55 Main Street, PO Box 67
Center Ossipee, NH 03814

Telephone (603)539-2008
Fax (603)539-2856

Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates (Vital Records)

All birth, death, and marriage events that occurred in Ossipee, Ctr Ossipee, and West Ossipee are available. Statewide records are also available for the following: Births-1984 to present, Deaths-1990 to present, Marriages–1989 to present, and Divorces–1990 to present. Applicants must have a direct and tangible interest (must be a member of the immediate family, guardian, or legal representative) in the requested record. Proof of identification is required. A certified copy costs $15.00 for the first copy and $10.00 for each additional copy requested at the same time.


All dogs four months or older MUST have a license, which is renewed annually before April 30th. Owners must present a current rabies certificate and/or spay/neuter certificate. Registrations fees are as follows: $9.00 per dog or $6.50 per dog if spayed/neutered. Residents over the age of 65 pay $2.00 for the first dog license and full price for any additional dogs. Failure to register your dog before June 1st results in a $25.00 civil forfeiture penalty, plus $1.00 per month for each subsequent month the dog is not licensed. The Town’s Dog Officer may impound unlicensed dogs. All costs associated with the impoundment are the responsibility of the dog’s owner.

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses can be obtained in any town clerk’s office in NH. Both applicants must be present to fill out the application. Driver’s licenses or birth certificates, and final divorce decree or death certificates must be presented at time of filing. The license is valid for 90 days. The Marriage License fee is $45.00 plus $15.00 for a certified copy.

Vehicle Registrations

Per RSA 261:148, No vehicle shall be registered unless the owner presents to the Town Clerk a certificate of registration to the same owner for a current or previous registration period. New residents, from another State, have 60 days to register their vehicle(s) and obtain a NH driver’s license. Vehicle models 15 Years old or newer will need a title. If there are two owners on the title, both must be present to sign the new title application. If they cannot be present you will need to bring a notarized “Power of Attorney” in order to sign for that person. Those vehicles older than 15 yrs require a bill of sale, copy of a previous NH Registration or NH or Out-of-State Title, or a VIN verification TDMV 19A form (available at Town Clerk’s Office). This form is needed whenever you do not have a previous NH Registration or a NH or Out-of-State Title. It must be completed by a NH law enforcement officer, an authorized NH licensed auto dealer, or an authorized NH inspection station. They must physically look at the vehicle to complete this form. We accept cash or checks, and we now need only one check made out to the Town of Ossipee. We CANNOT accept credit cards.

Vehicle Transfers

You may transfer your current registration and plate to a new vehicle. The first name on the old registration must be the first name on the new registration. Your current registration is required or a Duplicate Registration Fee of $17.50 will be charged.

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballots

You may register to vote with the Town Clerk during regular office hours, or at a Supervisors of the Checklist session or on Election Day. A picture ID is required.

To request an absentee ballot, you must be a registered voter in Ossipee, must sign the request and include a mailing and Ossipee physical address, if different. Applications can be picked up at the Town Clerk’s office or you can mail a request that includes the above information (remember the signature!). After the application is completed, the ballot will be mailed or handed to the voter. Nobody can pick up a ballot for another person. The completed ballot can be mailed to the Town Clerk’s Office or brought back by the applicant. Absentee ballots will be accepted in person until 5:00 pm the night before an election or by mail on Election Day.

2014 Election Dates

Town Elections - March 11, 2014 - 8:00am - 7:00pm       
Town Meeting - March 19, 2014 @6:30pm

Wetlands/Dredge Permits/Dock Permits

Any project that involves wetlands, such as repairing or installing a culvert,
dock, or filling a wetland area, must obtain and complete a State
Department of Environmental Services Wetlands Application.
( from the Town Clerk. This form explains how to file for a permit. No work should be started until permission is given from the State of New Hampshire. Work done without a permit can result in fines.